Annual Year-End Payroll Taxes
In addition to the Form W-2 preparation and filing, Accuchex prepares and files other required payroll tax reports and returns.
Form 941 and 943
When the minimum thresholds have not yet been met, an employer may not be required to file Form 941, Employer’s QUARTERLY Federal Tax Return. Instead, employers may only be required to report annually using Form 943, Employer’s Annual Federal Tax Return for Agricultural Employees.
Form 940, Employer’s ANNUAL Federal Unemployment (FUTA) Tax Return must be filed before January 31st of the following year. FUTA is an employer paid tax which is reported and paid separately from Federal Income tax, and social security and Medicare taxes. Most states also have an Unemployment Insurance Tax, in which case the FUTA percentage is discounted to recognize the state program and its “first position.” At each Year end, Accuchex will prepare and file your Form 940 FUTA (Federal Unemployment Tax).
Employees do not pay this tax or have it withheld from their pay. Refer to Publication 15, Employer’s Tax Guide and Publication 15-A, Employer’s Supplemental Tax Guide for more information on FUTA tax.
The filing deadlines for the most commonly filed employment tax forms are:
- Form 940, Employer’s ANNUAL Federal Tax Return – January 31st of the following year.
- Form 943, Employer’s ANNUAL Federal Tax Return for Agricultural Employees – January 31st of the following year.
- Form 944, Employer’s ANNUAL Federal Unemployment (FUTA) Tax Return – January 31st of the following year.
- Form 945, Annual Return of Withheld Federal Income Tax – January 31st of the following year.
- Form W-2, Wage and Tax Statement – January 31st of the following year.
Copy A of all paper Forms 1099 with Form 1096, Annual Summary and Transmittal of U.S. Information Returns February 28th Copy A of all paper Forms W-2 with Form W-3, Transmittal of Wage and Tax Statements
Are you in search of an expert in annual year end payroll taxes in California? Look no further, We are a trusted provider of annual year end payroll taxes in San Francisco. We offer our services in the California Bay Area – North Bay, South Bay and East Bay, including San Francisco.
Call us now for reliable payroll services.