Payroll companies in Marin County are not required to be licensed by the State, nor are they legally required to have professional liability insurance to protect you the client from financial loss due to a payroll processing mistake, however all payroll services bearing The Prime Buyer’s Report—TOP 10 symbol do have that liability insurance for your protection, in addition to passing all of the other requirements for Prime Buyer’s Report—TOP 10 status such as our research phone calls to their previous clients to verify high satisfaction, hiring only documented workers, sufficient length of time in business, clean complaint record, and more.
Payroll services will process your employee paycheck information and can issue checks drawn from a separate payroll checking account set up for this purpose, or from your own existing business checking account, or do direct deposit from either of these directly to your employees’ accounts.
Many payroll companies in Marin County allow you to submit online all your information for processing employee paychecks, negating the need for phone calls and faxes. And some do more than just payroll services, also offering human resources support with standardized forms, workers compensation support, and management reports that cover payroll recap, vacation and sick time accrual, and do the new hire reporting to the state that is legally required of businesses.
Certain payroll services in Novato, Sausalito and San Rafael CA specialize in processing employee paychecks for specific industries such as restaurant payroll which has its own complexities including allocated Tip Reporting, Tip-to-Minimum Validation, Shortfall Reports and the FICA Tip Credit Report.
Some Payroll Services in Marin County Are Much Better than Others
The Prime Buyer’s Report lists these services for payroll in Marin County CA: Eckhoff Payroll Services, Moore & Company LLP, PayStar Payroll Services, Inc, Smith and Company. Other companies for payroll in Novato, Sausalito and San Rafael CA that might still be in business include: .
Questions to Ask Payroll Companies in Novato, Sausalito and San Rafael CA
Questions To Ask Services that Process Employee Paychecks
When it comes to hiring for employee paycheck processing in Marin County, ask these questions about their abilities, experience, and credentials:
- How long has the payroll company been in business?
- How long have they been processing employee paychecks in Marin County CA?
- How many clients do they have in the same industry as you? (Some industries have specific and complex needs such as for restaurant payroll.)
- How many clients do they have with a similar number of employees as you do?
- Can they give you names and phone numbers of clients that you call as references? (All payroll services bearing the Prime Buyer’s Report—TOP 10 symbol have already had their client references called by research staff at The Prime Buyer’s Report so you don’t have to.)
- Do they have any special certifications? Examples include CPP (Certified Payroll Professional).
- What are their hours of operation in case you need to reach them?
- Will they show you proof of professional liability insurance (such as Errors & Omissions) which protects you from paying fines in the event of a mistake? (All payroll companies bearing the Prime Buyer’s Report—TOP 10 symbol have already shown proof of liability insurance to research staff at The Prime Buyer’s Report)
- Do they attend continuing education courses? If so, how often? This is important to be able to stay current with constant changes in the law.
When you’ve chosen the best payroll processors in Marin County for your specific needs, make sure they have a clean complaint record with the State. (All payroll services bearing the Prime Buyer’s Report—TOP 10 symbol have already had their complaint status checked by research staff at The Prime Buyer’s Report so you don’t have to.)